How to Make Stress Your Friend
(14 minutes.) “Psychologist Kelly McGonigal urges us to see stress as a positive, and introduces us to an unsung mechanism for stress reduction: reaching out to others.”
Ted Talks to Fuel Your Imagination & New Year’s Resolutions
How to Succeed with Your New Year’s Resolutions
(5 minutes.) Did you know? Folks who make and pursue New Year’s resolutions are 10 times more likely to accomplish the goal(s). Those setting goals at another time? 4% success rate.
9 creative New Year’s resolutions
An annotated listing, including: Schedule weekly time to be bored.
7 TED Talks about Goals for your New Year’s Resolutions
- Keep your goals to yourself
- Try something new for 30 days
- 5 ways to kill your dreams
- 4 keys for setting & achieving goals
- The key to success? Grit
- The power of believing you can improve
- If you want to achieve your goals, don’t focus on them
4 Motivating TED Talks to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
The beauty of this resource: each section includes a pointer to related inspirational video talks.
- Why Some People Find Exercise Harder Than Others
- Related: 4 Motivating TED Talks to Help You Bounce Back From Failure
- Want to Be Happy? Be Grateful
- Related: Inspiring TED Talks Every Entrepreneur Should Watch
- The Power of Believing That You Can Improve
- Related: 3 TED Talks That Will Convince You to Get More Sleep
- The Key to Success? Grit
- Related: 5 TED Talks That May Change Your View on Life
The Life-Long Learner
(19 minutes.) “Tells the story of Sandor Teszler, a Hungarian Holocaust survivor who taught him about passionate living and lifelong learning.”
All It Takes is 10 Mindful Minutes
(9 minutes.) “When is the last time you did absolutely nothing for 10 whole minutes? Not texting, talking or even thinking? Mindfulness expert Andy Puddicombe describes the transformative power of doing just that: Refreshing your mind for 10 minutes a day, simply by being mindful and experiencing the present moment. (No need for incense or sitting in uncomfortable positions.)”
How Do We Overcome Our Biases?
(17 minutes.) Walk boldly toward them.
An Example, in Action
My Moment of Yes:
Sometimes, after studying the puzzle, ya just gotta swallow hard, take a deep breath, and stretch your wings. After all, the good stuff lives beyond the comfort zone!