Bullet journalers confront the question frequently: why handwrite your planning, when digital is so much easier? My summary response: short-term ease can lead to long-term disease, eating time rather than massaging it.
This Infographic hits the basics.
Read More about the Benefits of Handwriting
- Graphology World: Surprising Evidence about the Benefits of handwriting
- Sage Pub.: The Pen Is Mightier Than the Keyboard: Advantages of Longhand Over Laptop Note Taking
- Times Higher Education: Pen and paper ‘beats computers for retaining knowledge — Survey of students across 10 countries suggests handwriting and printed books have advantages over digital materials
- Forbes: Writing By Hand Leads To Success In Achieving Goals
- Domtar: Handwriting Offers Cognitive Benefits — Handwriting notes causes students to analyze the lesson as a requisite to summarizing. The process improves memory as well as comprehension.
- Shopify: 6 Psychological Benefits of Writing Things Down