The Cliff Notes Version: Attorney / Freelance Writer Pam (a/k/a writesquire)
Put my 25+ years of professional persuasive experience to work for you. This solutions provider knows juries, appellate judges, and web visitors share a common trait: they relish an engaging story. Stewing quality content into digestible pieces yields an enjoyable feast. Delighting the reader forms a premier step in conversion messaging.
Contact me to devise a plan to elevate your web presence, or to protect your litigation client.
The Hallmarks of Intense Client Focus
Walking the talk includes:
- securing state Supreme Court reversals, on the strength of written words alone;
- finding the needle in a research haystack, wielded to wed success to the client’s quest;
- scrutinizing reams of documents to marshal facts / law, as a requisite to conjuring and drafting persuasive strategic documents;
- freelance writing for attorneys, whether court filing or site / blog posting;
- freelance writing for small businesses, after studying the client’s website and researching likely search queries to devise conversion messaging;
- working with teams to ensure prompt deliverables (humor stands as a infectious weapon when “in the trenches”)
- advising CEOs and inmates, as well as folks falling between the two extremes; and,
- implementing innovative solutions for vexing problems.
Resolving a StateWide Problem, from the Ground Up
My 1990’s award-winning (pre-Google) labor of love, dpg-law.com, provided a freely searchable database of Pennsylvania judicial opinions, then available only in the web-hostile WordPerfect format.
A strong believer in giving back, I also provided intricate research trails for non-lawyers per topics of focus. The “unique approach” taught non-attorneys, through hands-on examples, how to find authoritative data on the issue concerned.
Let’s face it: working with attorneys, pacing before juries, and answering a court’s pointed questions requires a steady temperament, a measure of acting skills, intellectual curiosity, and outright determination. Translation to the web context witnesses dedication to a client’s goals through daily learning excursions, culminating in the polished manipulation of words blended with tech familiarity:
- writing reflecting SEO best practices
- editing, with constructive feedback
- ghostwriting, with your delighted satisfaction serving as applause
- proofreading, to ensure your polished presentation
- determined digging into HTML & CSS, to cement a craved visual result
- listening to needs stated, to discern needs unstated
- nodding to Murphy’s Law, via consistent pre-deadline submissions
- taming social media nuances (e.g. an image’s alt tag = Pinterest’s BFF)
- resolving stubborn WordPress “features” (yes, you CAN disguise the live links produced by the display-post feature; see the Editorial Calendar)
- devoting fastidious care to the appearance, grammar, and tone of the final product
I write for a simple reason: I love it!
The Non-Working Pam
Me, personally? My joyful obsessions include bird photography (InstaGram, Flickr), Japanese stationery, and gadgets. We lost our 4-legged family member to brain tumors. Since then, a little pointy-headed cockatiel named D.K. (DarbyKlan 😉) coaxes daily smiles.